Big changes in our base technology change every aspect of where we live and how we live. Think how different our world was before steam and then the automobile. Well the Web will make massive changes to every aspect of how and were we live.
Todd Mundt kindly interviewed me about this on Iowa Public TV for this program.
You can find the link to a Real File that has the interview here - it is 33 minutes. Here is how the interview and my responses are structured:
- 00.20 What has been the impact of the new media on my life from a work perspective?
- 2.30 How has time and space collapsed for society as a whole and what does this mean to how we live and work?
- 5.30 How will the old media have to change and what is the meaning of Hosting Space and What is the new value of Trust as the underpinning of relationships and business
- 9.40 Is the key to wider adoption technology or understanding? The issue of mindset. How differently our kids understand what is going on from us
- 11.30 What are the real risks for kids in the online interactive world?
- 13.30 What will the world be like when all our lives are in public - what will it be like to go back to a world of honor and reputation?
- 16.15 Why the future is more known to us that we think? Back to the Future - Going Home - How History moves in loops not a straight line - What does it mean to become human again?
- 18.31 How the web will transform society as steam transformed it 200 years ago - How Community will trump transaction and institution - how business will become once again a series of village markets
- 22.16 What blogging really does - how it acts upon us and helps us become our true selves again and how it attracts people and work to our real self and hence enables us to reject the conformity of institutional life? How it acts as a tool of personal transformation?
- 26.35 Why we have to see the web not as a series of pages visit but as a world to inhabit
- 29.33 How it naturally rearranges us back into tribal units where we are most comfortable and most effective and how this will transform organizations